Tuesday, December 1, 2009

All about Toby

Before

Today Toby (the dog) had an extrodinary adventure. First, he managed to obtain a splinter in his paw, on one of the hind legs, which resulted in Toby walking on 3 legs for an hour or two. Then he had his first ever groom, by someone else other than mum, and meant Toby didnt have to endure an hour of dad holding him down on top of his kennel while mum chopped away. The reason for the groom was because Mum and dad decided that Toby's Christmas present this year, would NOT consist of the yearly routine of treats, but would instead consist of hiring a professional dog groomer to give Toby a new look.

I must admit I was quite keen on having Toby groomed by a professional, which would mean I would not only miss out on giving Toby a bath, but also the game, 'Who will end up wetter, the dog or the owner.'

Once mum and I finally had directions to the Dog Grooming Lady's house, we arrived to meet the dog groomer. She was such a wonderful lady, friendly, honest, virtuous, loving, caring......alright I may have over exaggerated a bit, but she was a pretty nice! Toby was quite thrilled to meet a few new dogs, Buddy and Jack. Jack intrigued me with his fur which felt like wool, the lady explained that he is a Cavapoo. I thought she was kidding, but she said that Jack was a mix of King Charles Cavalier and Poodle.
I asked the lady if we could have the majority of his fur cut off because Toby wouldn't stand the hot summer. We were told to come back in an hour and a half. The following pictures are the end result

After


It's strange that Toby looks younger now, compared to before! Amazingly Toby seems less crazy than before! Who knows if it has been from the lack of fur (similar to Samson) or Toby maturing .

Here are the other family's opinion of Toby's new look:
Dad - "It's nice to have a new breed in the house."
Mum - "It's all right."
James - "It sucks."
Paul - "Oh deah!"
Mine - "He looks like a rat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment