As I speak I should REALLY be working on some essays rather than doing another post. As you can see, blogging won :)
Well this weekend I headed down to Hobart to visit some church friends and was able to stay with the Travers, who Im very grateful to, for letting me impose on them for a few days! I dont know how I timed it but my friend Jasmine turned 18 the same weekend. In discovering this I decided to make her a present. I must say I was pretty chuffed in realising that these button/earings/hairband/pins are quite easy to make. The only difficult thing about it finding decent material in devonport!!
I was really happy to catch up with Jasmine. We had a look around Salamanca markets and it was really fun looking at the different stalls and what each had to offer, but it was really scary seeing what the prices were for some things!
Suprisingly it didn't take to long to look at all the stalls, so we decided to head to the park and take photo's.
That didn't last long with the cold/rainy weather. Jasmine then took me around Hobart to look at some cute stores. Im still amazed by how many different and cute stores one city can have! Everytime Im there Jasmine is still able to show me different stores, each with it's own cool little nick nacks!
We eventually become obsessed at looking at gallleries and saw some REALLY interesting ones. Sadly camera's weren't permitted. There was one gallery where it had different snipets of people's lives and EVERYTHING was literally hand knitted. I talked to one lady there who said they started in 2003 and have been continually adding to it since. We also had fun in creating a new game where we had to make a story with the different pictures in one the galleries we we're in. It entertained us for awhile because the pictures were so abstract and hard to interpret and connect!
I must say that I REALLY love Hobart with all the cute little stores it has! It's sad that distance seperates me from friends but that only makes it exciting for the next trip ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment